Saturday, November 24, 2018

Shop Local: River Run Olive Oil Company


If you are still at a loss for what to buy the Chef in your life, look no further.  I have you covered!

The same day that Mom, Mrs. Jo Carol and I ventured off to High Springs and visited the Bird's Nest, we went to the River Run Olive Oil company.  I won't lie, I had been itching to go to this place since it opened.  Unfortunately, I rarely get over that way.


To say I was impressed would be putting it mildly.  Y'all...this place is quite the operation!  There are oodles and oodles of different balsamic vinegars and olive oils to try.  Us girls probably spent an hour trying all the different interesting varieties.

Jo Carol and Cynthia Kay
At the end, my favorites were:  The Wild Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, the Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar, the Lime Olive Oil, and the Basil Olive Oil.  Mrs. Jo Carol loved the Pineapple balsamic vinegar and Mom loved the Coconut balsamic vinegar.  But that's just us talking our favorites.  You'll have to try for yourself.

They have different sized jars.  Now, because it is easier for me to carry to work (I do so love oil and vinegar dressing on my salads), I chose the small bottles.  But for frequent cooking purposes, you may just want to go with the larger bottles.


In addition to the vinegars and olive oils, they also have a himalayan salt lamp room/display.  They have it to where you can make your own lamp.  How cool is that?  (This from a girl that has possibly 6 salt lamps at her house lol).  But they also have an area with different sauces, honeys, marinades, etc.  And in another display, they have jewelry made from olive pits, and soaps!

If you are near High Springs, this place is a must stop at!  I fell in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment