Tuesday, June 6, 2017

WWII Week

My mama, the oh-so-fabulous Cynthia Kay, was Valedictorian of her High School Class. She later got her Bachelor's in Microbiology. She was only a semester away from double-majoring in Education, as well.

My sister? She is an RN. She found her niche early on. And growing up, she always excelled at Math and Science, like my mom.

Me? Well, I was a different child. Now, don't get me wrong. I did well in school. I did well in my classes. My parents wouldn't have let me just slide by. But Math and Science classes? Ummm…they were not my favorite. Just ask Mrs. McKinstry, Mr. Stewart, Mr. Jost or Ms. Sache…I made it through, many times with a B. I still have no clue how I did okay in Chemistry. I'm pretty sure I passed notes the whole year, if we're being honest here. My brain has always been geared towards English and History. Both were my most favorite subjects.

I have often toyed with the idea of going back and getting my Master's in History. But, in this day and age, I'm afraid that in teaching History, the subjects that you can teach on are becoming few and far between, as to not offend anyone.

We'll see…

BUT, nothing in History class excited me more than walking into a lecture on WWII. No, I don't mean that morbid. That time period has always been so incredibly interesting to me. How could Hitler grow to be as powerful as he was?

I will admit here that I feel that my knowledge of WWII, is primarily in the European Theater of the War. I'm not sure if it's simply because when a person thinks WWII, they automatically think "Hitler," or if I just honed into that part. As an adult, I have learned quite a bit more about all the facets of WWII.

That is what I would like to share with you guys this week. I'm going to dedicate this week to some things that you may or may not have known about WWII. I hope that you will enjoy!

2 comments: