Monday, June 19, 2017

Macaroni and Cheese Monday

So, y'all...you're gonna have to forgive my mama.  She is up to her eyeballs making a special Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake for Mrs. Cindy Jo's birthday at the moment.  She's asked me to cover her "Mama Says Monday" post for her this week.

Now, I'm going to fill you in on a little Sheffield Household Secret...We like to make easy recipes. And we're all about the semi-homemade life.  These hoity toity "only from scratch-ers" may gasp in dismay, but honestly, we're just not about that life.  In fact, although I love reading Southern Living (for the Travel section, if I'm honest) if a recipe has more than 10 ingredients, my eyes just kind of glaze over.

I will also add here that my Mama is a sleuth when it comes to figuring out copy cat recipes for our favorite items at restaurants.  Her latest creations have been: the purple pepper sauce from Church's, the creamy jalapeno dip at Chuy's, and the raspberry pork from an old restaurant in Apalach.

Having all of that said, and knowing that some of y'all like a nice, easy dish to make for dinner or for Dinner of the Grounds at your church or what not....I've decided to share one of our tried and true recipes with y'all...This Macaroni and Cheese recipe reminds me a lot of the Ivy House Mac and Cheese.  Slightly different, but oh-so-delicious.

Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

1lb. box macaroni (I prefer Penne)
1 stick butter, melted
1 can cheddar soup
1 tall can evaporated milk (16 oz)
2 eggs
1 lb. grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Cook macaroni until done and drain. Mix butter, milk, eggs, cheddar soup, and cheese together. Add to macaroni. Mix well. Pour into crockpot. Turn crockpot on low temperature. Cook 1 1/2-2 hours.

Y'all enjoy!

And Cynthia Kay should be back to her sassy self next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment