Thursday, June 22, 2017

Truthful Thursday

Photo Credit: Cartoonstock.com
I hate to clean. Like…I hate it. I would rather pay someone else to do that, because I absolutely loathe time spent cleaning. The idea of spending a perfectly good Saturday cleaning the house makes me cringe. There have been times where the idea has seriously passed through my head “Can’t we just burn it down and start fresh?” That’s awful…(and I wouldn’t wish that AT all) but that correctly depicts my hatred of cleaning. Domestic Goddess, I am not.

So, we have needed new flooring for years. For years. However, three things have kept us from getting it. First, there has been much debate on what kind of flooring we would get. Cynthia Kay has gone back and forth on what type she wanted. At the present, I still cannot say with absolute assurance that she knows what she wants. A typical woman for you. Secondly, I trust NO one in my house alone anymore. Our last home renovations ended with a phone call to the cops after the man working on the house stole a bunch of stuff from us. He also left the countertops for mom's craft room out in the rain...and they got warped.  So we ended up having to buy MORE countertops.  Not to mention, the job that was supposed to take a week took a month. To say it was a nightmare would be putting it mildly. And lastly, getting new flooring would, of course, mean cleaning our house and getting rid of some things. If I have not mentioned this previously, the Sheffield girls are a bunch of hoarders.

As we are going to have to do it in sections anyways, and because this seems like the least daunting of sections…I have begun cleaning out the kitchen, dining room, kitchen, and one bathroom. Although there are only a few things we will need to move/clear out in order to get the flooring for this section, it will require going through two big bookshelves, two hallway closets, two bathroom closets, as well as moving several items. You would be astounded at the amount of “stuff” three women can have.

Y’all, some prayers, gift cards to the liquor store, and an “Aleta needs bail money” fund would be much appreciated. Lawsy mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment