Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sunday Obsession: The Hannah Swensen Series by Joanne Fluke


Y'all know that I love to read.  However, I must say that in the past several years it has gone to the backburner.  Not that I wanted to give up reading, but I'm finding more and more that I struggle with adult ADD.  There have been times when I've read 3/4 of a book, and then set it down and never picked it up again.  To tell you how many times that has occurred would be embarrassing.  I've found it very hard to stay focused and interested in a book for very long.

I believe that I've mentioned before that I am a little obsessed with the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel.  Some of my favorite movies on there are the Murder She Baked movies.  A few months back, I found out that they were based on a series of books.  About a month ago, in looking forward to our upcoming vacation (where I will read probably more than anything), I bought the first few books to the series.  There are like 24 total in the series, as of right now.  I didn't want to buy them all given my failure to commit to anything for very long.

But y'all, I'm obsessed.  I have found myself reading during my lunch break, reading in the evenings, reading on weekends.  And while some of you may think this is sad, I feel like I've finally come back to a hobby that I so loved.  I'm thoroughly enjoying reading again.  And I love that.

So why is this series good?  It's set in a small town, and based around a local baker that keeps stumbling onto dead bodies.  They are fun reads, and actually include several recipes in each book, which is kind of cool.  After a while, you begin to feel like you know the people in the book.  The characters are endearing and lovable.

So, if you are looking for some summer reads, I would highly suggest this series.  It's written by Joanne Fluke, and you can find the "books in order" list here at https://www.fictiondb.com/author/joanne-fluke~series~a-hannah-swensen-mystery~613.htm

1 comment: