Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Travelin' Tuesday

Every year on Father's Day, rather than staying at home and feeling a little down, we load up in the car and take off.  This year was no different.  We really had no idea where we were going to go as of Saturday night.  Rheba had suggested two things: Barbara Jean's for lunch and St. Augustine.

Originally, I was thinking going from the house to Fernandina back down to St. Augustine and then back home--all in one day--would be a little much.  In looking up Barbara Jeans, I found that there was another location in Ponte Vedra, only 25 miles north of St. Augustine.  That seemed much more doable.


So, the Sheffield girls loaded up on Sunday morning and took off.  Our first stop was Barbara Jeans for lunch.  Y'all, the cheese grits were as good as I had remembered.  Oh. My. Word.  If y'all have never been, I encourage all of you cheese grits lovers out there to do so.  Now, in all reality, Fernandina's location is still my favorite.  The parking is easier, the seating is laid out a little better, and I like the scenery better in Fernandina.  But that's just me.  The food is still spectacular.


After lunch, we made the trek back to St. Augustine to do a little shopping at the outlets.  We won't discuss how much was spent.  Ahem.  I had put myself on a budget (with two upcoming vacations on the horizon), and that kind of went out the window.  But I digress.  I can say with absolute certainty that the Sheffield girls ARE "Beach-Ready."

Mom got some kind of peanut butter pie
After our little shopping spree, we decided to finish off our trip by stopping by the Village Inn Restaurant for some pie.  I'm going to add a little something here... Have you ever known those people who urge you to try something new, even if you KNOW exactly what you want?  Yeah, I hate those people.  Lol.  (Kidding, kind of).  Well, I am one of those people who don't have any problem figuring out what I want for dessert.  At the Village Inn Restaurant, I knew exactly what slice of pie I would be getting...the French Silk.  Y'all, it was incredible.  My tastebuds were oh-so-happy.

Aside from the shopping and wonderful food, what truly made the day was getting to spend it with my two most favorite people.  I love them dearly, and any day spent with them is a good day.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had some fun! I've never ventured over to the Outlets in St. Augustine, but I have heard great things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey, you simply must. There is a Torrid outlet that is spectacular :)

      Delete