Friday, March 31, 2017

Small Town Shout Out: Bejeweled


Like most girly girls, I love jewelry….rings and necklaces being my go-to.  Earrings, I’m just too lazy to switch out frequently.  Bracelets, bother me when I’m typing.  So rings and necklaces are my must-haves.  


The before and after.  Neither photo does it justice.  But I am in love with the new setting.
In 2011, my mom bought me this beautiful London Blue Topaz ring. When we went to get it resized, it came back with a stain on the band. I’ve had it cleaned a few times, and the stain has always just been there. Now, it was not huge, and probably wouldn’t have bothered most people. But every time I looked at it, it bothered me. People would complement it; the stone was gorgeous. But every time I looked at it, I noticed the spot on the band.

This year, I thought, “I’ve not been happy with it for years now…I’m going to have it re-set.”

Now, along with have a mild aversion to commitment, I, Aleta Kaylee, also have trust issues. I don’t trust just anyone. And after having a jeweler ruin a genuine ruby ring that my dad gave my mom, that goes especially for jewelers. You know, sometimes it’s not even about the cost of something that matters the most, but the sentimentality of the item. If something is precious to me, I want to rest assured that someone is going to take good care of it.

I have had Bejeweled work on my antique emerald ring, and they have always done a wonderful job. Honestly, I would trust no one else. 

My pictures of the before and after are not great. But I could not be happier with the outcome. They did a wonderful job, and I am in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment