Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Day with Cynthia Kay


Some days, after a long week, or when it strikes our fancy, Cynthia Kay and I will head out on a mini adventure.  This weekend, after a week of the "blahs," we decided to head out to do a little shopping in Ocala.

Now, I'll be real honest with y'all.  I am pleased to have a Hobby Lobby in Gainesville.  That being said, I still prefer the one in Ocala.  It never seems to be as crowded, it seems to have more...I just prefer it to the one in Gainesville.  Plus, I hate Gainesville traffic with a passion.  I can't seem to drive in Gainesville without using a whole slew of explicits. 

So, off we set on our little shopping day...we hit a few stores, and found little to nothing.  Picked up a few gifts for showers and such that are coming up.  But really, there wasn't too much to be had, I guess.  Or maybe we weren't as geared up to shop as we first thought. 

We grabbed lunch at one of our favorite places, Mojo's Grille.  The food was good...but y'all the dessert was better.  You read it here first...I, Aleta Kaylee, have a bad sweet tooth.  I had never tried dessert there...so mom got the flan and I tried something called "Cubanas Foster."  The flan was good, but man-oh-man, the Cubanas Foster?  Incredible.  It's pan seared plantains drizzled in caramel sauce and topped with ice cream and whipped cream.  Now, I'm a lover of plantains...but y'all, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. (Authors note:  If ever you go to try this, realize that it is a dessert for two.  I hadn't realized this upon ordering it.  Mom and I shared, but still a lot went to waste). 

The last stop was the Hobby Lobby.  I don't know if it was that we had just eaten, and felt like the Blueberry Girl off of Willy Wonka, or what, but even our Hobby Lobby trip wound up being rather fruitless.  I think that was the cheapest we'd ever walked out of there...with a whole whopping 3 stamps.  That was it!

Even though we didn't find too much shopping, I still had the most wonderful day with Cynthia Kay.   Sometimes, that's just what a girl needs. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you love Mojo Grille so much!!! It's definitely a favorite for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl...YESSSSS...I love that place. Between it and the Ivy House in Ocala...and Brooklyn's Backyard, I love them!

      Delete