Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tuesday Funny


So, I'm dreading going back to work today, y'all.  I love my job.  But after having 4 days off...My Lord, is it hard to go back.  I long for my pajamas.  Being cozied up with Karter Lee, watching Designing Women.  It's the simple things, y'all.  And I have needed this time to rest, as I've come down with my THIRD cold in the past four weeks...or maybe it is just one that hasn't taken its leave yet.

ANYWAYS, it's Tuesday...back to the grind.  So, I wanted to share a recent funny with y'all.

I was in Trenton.  A little old man, who couldn't have been 5 feet tall, asked my name.  I tell him.  He immediately recognized my last name, and asked (as all Gilchrist County folk do) if I was related to the Sheffields from Bell.  I tell him no.  My Sheffields are from Cedar Key.  I'm related to the Watsons around here.

His ears perk up.

"Are you related to ______ (My Uncle)?"  I say yes, that is my mom's brother.

He says that he once did work for my uncle's sister.

I say, "Yes, that was my mom."

He then says, "Do you remember when she was married to that really tall man?"

Ummmm....  "Yes, sir.  That was my dad."

"So you remember?"

............ "Yes, sir."

Her one husband.  The only man she's ever been married to.  My dad.  Yep, I remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment