Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sunday Obsession: Abebooks.com

Y’all, I love a good read. In my adult life, I struggle with finding time to read. In all honesty, it’s my own fault, I play on my phone too much…And if you know me well, you know that I’m a TV Junkie. But I do so love to read. 

Also, I love a bargain. I won’t lie. I’m thrifty. But more on that in a second. 

I know that today’s world is full of Nooks, and Kindles, and readers…but I just simply cannot get on that bandwagon. I am an old-fashioned girl, and I love a plain jane old book. And while we have the ability to buy books at our fingertips, nothing compares to spending a little time perusing the shelves in a bookstore. 

A few years ago, I fell in love with a website, Abebooks.com. This website is made up of thrift bookstores all over the country. You type in the book that you’re looking for, and it will list off all of the sellers. Many times, you can get even recent releases for like $3.00. For all of you who, like me, enjoy a real book as opposed to a reader, you may want to look into this. 

I’ve recently fell in love with a mystery series. I bought the first one in a bookstore, and while $8 isn’t too bad, there are like 21 books in the series. I got on abebooks, and they are all around $3. 

Something else really neat about this website is that you can also purchase signed copies, you can choose hardcover (also really cheap), first edition, first printing, etc. 

So, for all you booklovers out there, check abebooks.com out!

No comments:

Post a Comment