Friday, May 5, 2017

Aleta's Obsession: Swing Dresses

photo credit: torrid.com
I have said a many-a-times that I was born in the wrong decade. But I’ve been thinking on that…I’m not sure I could’ve cut it before there was air conditioning. Lord knows, I couldn’t have handled the struggle of The Great Depression. I’d have surely perished. I fear I wouldn’t have had the nerves or gumption to await my love coming home from WWII. I’m not really positive I could have made it as “Betty Homemaker” in the 1950s a) I don’t know that I like kids enough to be June Cleaver and b) if I was expected to have a huge meal ready every day, awaiting my husband’s arrival home from work…well, I guess someone should go buy ol’ Lucifer a parka. And I have too much of a temper, and mouth on me to have really made it in the working woman in the 60s….

Photo Credit: torrid.com
So maybe, when it we’re talking about being born in the wrong decade…perhaps it is ONLY when talking about fashion. 

I don’t know what it is, but y’all, I am in love with some swing dresses. They make me happy and remind me of a time when women dressed up, and wore their femininity like a sharply pressed garment.

Photo Credit: Torrid.com
I have been on a bit of a spree lately and have bought 4 new Swing Dresses. I didn’t feel like modeling them, so I am using the photos from Torrid.com. Torrid is my go-to for retro dresses. Though, they have an assortment of beautiful dresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment