Thursday, February 1, 2018

The Neverending Story Bookstore


I've mentioned this before, and it won't be the last time…but I'm a little bit old school. Some of my very favorite shows include Andy Griffith, Matlock, Murder She Wrote, Designing Women… I don't own a Kindle…I prefer the feel of a book in my hands. Rather than ordering books online, I prefer to peruse the aisles of a bookstore.

Another fun fact about me…I LOVE used book stores.

Now, I'm torn in saying this…but one of the downfalls of my love to an actual book is the price of books these days. I walked out of a bookstore around Christmas having spent $55 on two books. Another downfall of my "actual book love" is…the price is not a direct equivalent of what the writer gets for every book sold. A lot of the price goes to printing/publishing/etc. Which is why the e-books are actually better for writers.

I'm getting off-topic. I have gotten hooked on a new-old series (new for me, but it's been around for a long time). I'll talk more about this in my Sunday Obsession post this week. But…I had ordered the first two books in the series last Spring, and have just finally gotten around to reading them. Suddenly, I found myself halfway through the second one and freaking out because I needed the next few books in the series.

As I was driving home on Saturday, it dawned on me…we have our very own little used bookstore right here in Chiefland. The Neverending Story Bookstore. And y'all, they are excellent. I sometimes forget about them, but it is an awesome little shop. In fact, when I was searching for Paullina Simons books, they wrote down what I was looking for and called me when they had found a copy.

If you have not checked out The Neverending Story Bookstore, you need to!

No comments:

Post a Comment