Thursday, May 11, 2017

Daylilies Buy George Open House


Last year, while trying to figure out what to get Granny Doris for Mother’s Day, we decided to go with ol’ faithful. A flower or so for her garden. You see, I’m not sure where I acquired my ability to kill every living plant that I come into contact with. Oh wait, yes I do…that would be my mother. Haha. Truthfully, both my Granny Doris and my Granny Betty are/were excellent gardeners.

Last year, mom saw an ad as she was proofreading the paper for the Open House at Daylilies Buy George in Trenton.  She was intrigued.  I didn’t know what to expect, but I was along for the ride.

Y’all, it was the coolest thing ever. And this from a girl who could kill a cactus. You can walk around and peruse all of the different varieties of daylilies. They have a little picture booklet that they will hand you with the prices of each of the daylilies. You may also have a form that you complete…I can’t really remember now. You let one of the workers know which ones you are wanting, and they get your specified varieties, you pay, and away you go with your beautiful daylilies.

It was so neat getting to walk around and see all of the different varieties.  Not being a flower girl, I had no clue! According to their facebook page, they have 600 varieties in bloom. You will stand in awe at operation the young man, Matthew George, has built. He only just graduated in 2015!

By the way, my grandmother LOVED The flowers.

I highly suggest that y’all go check them out this Saturday! It makes the best Mother’s Day gift (with the exception of Cynthia Kay). It is located at 8210 SW CR 307, Trenton, FL. Now, if you are unable to make it out there Saturday, please check out the website: http://dayliliesbuygeorge.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment